Like many women, I live a very busy life – work, gym, maintaining relationships, volunteer work, social activities. I love having a full schedule but it can mean little to no time for meal prep during the week. Enter this incredibly quick zoodles with meat sauce recipe.
During the week, I try to stick to healthier, low carb options which aren’t always the tastiest. I’ve been experimenting with ways to prepare zoodles so they retain their noodle-like texture and don’t turn into a pile of sledge. What I’ve learned is that cooking the zoodles in your sauce is best. Rather than cooking separately they stay noodle-like and don’t water down the sauce. This whole meal takes under 15 minutes and leaves you with a ton of vegetables, low carbs and it’s incredibly filling. The leftovers on this are even better, so it’s great if you didn’t prep lunch all week.
To keep this even lower in time, we use store-bought zoodles, jarred sauce and my garlic press. This means the only ‘prep’ is to pull the ingredients out of the fridge! Our recommendation for sauce is to use Rao’s since the ingredient list is clean and it’s the lowest in sugar. It’s also delicious!
Ingredients for 4 servings:
- 16 ounces of zoodles
- 1/2 jar of pasta sauce (we use Rao’s)
- 1-2 cloves pressed garlic
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 lb. ground beef
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a large skillet on medium, heat up garlic. Once fragrant, add the ground beef and brown.
- Once browned and cooked through, add salt and pepper. Then add half a jar of pasta sauce.
- Heat together for 2 minutes, then stir in the zoodles and simmer for 2 more minutes.
- Serve with your favorite toppings!
Let me know what you think below. Enjoy!